This article is a stub.
You can help Peter Pan Wiki by expanding it.
During World War II, Wendy Darling's slightly war-hardened daughter Jane, who doesn't believe her mother's stories, is taken to Neverland by Captain Hook, but Peter saves her and asks her to be the Lost Boys' new "mother".
Peter is seen in green tights and a green shirt, with red hair and a hat similar to the one worn in Disney's Robin Hood. Peter's ears in the Disney films are pointed, giving the character a fairy-type look. Peter appears to be in late childhood, between 10 and 13 years old. Many of Walt Disney's envisioned characters went through an evolution of designs, and Peter Pan is no exception. Most model sheets depicted Peter as a small little boy but soon later changed into more of a fairytale-like creature. Finally, Peter was given the look of a nearly teenaged boy. He has fair skin, rosy cheeks, short red hair, thick red eyebrows, brown eyes, and pointy elf-like ears. His outfit resembles an elf's attire, consisting of a green short-sleeved tunic with a collar and a long V-cut neckline down to his heart, olive tights, and sienna-colored moccasin shoes. He wears a green Robin Hood-like hat (called a bycocket) with a red feather situated on the left-hand side, and has a brown belt around his waist which usually holds his dagger.
Peter Pan is incredibly adventurous and daring. His favorite activities include battling pirates, engaging in friendly wars with the Indians, and listening to Wendy's stories of his adventures. Being a young boy, Peter can be rather impractical and conceited at times, but when it comes to rescue his friends, he is far more mature than any adult can be. He is respected and loved by nearly every inhabitant of Never Land, with the exception of Captain Hook (and his crew), who despises Peter for cutting off his left hand and feeding it to Tick-Tock the Crocodile during their first battle. Ever since, Peter and Hook have been at each other's throats constantly, battling in the hope that one would finally "walk the plank." One of the many things Peter discards is adulthood. This drove him to create a team of kids who also desire to stay young who he deems the Lost Boys. One can say Peter stands as a father figure for the group as well. Peter's most trusted companion is Tinker Bell. Even though they have a close best friend relationship, it is obvious Tink has strong feelings for Peter. Whether or not he is actually aware is currently unknown, although, in the first film, when Tink was close to death, Peter stated: "Don't you understand, Tink, you mean more to me than anything in the world!"
Despite being heroic and charming, Pan can be quite cocky, and being an immortal child somewhat, he can also be quite immature, and as such, he enjoys goofing off, listening to stories, playing "pretend", and parties with his friends. Peter's youthful nature symbolizes his place in childhood wonder. Even so, Peter can also be very adult. By the end of the film, despite proclaiming his hatred for adulthood with great intensity, Peter eventually comes to put his more childlike nature aside for the sake of protecting Tinker Bell, Wendy, her brothers, and the Lost Boys. With this, he brings himself to serve as a more adult figure, by risking his life for the sake of his loved ones, and selflessly escorting Wendy and her brothers home to London, despite his desire to have them stay.
This directly ties into his dynamic with Captain Hook who, despite Peter developing into a child with an adult mindset, is very much an adult with a more childish mindset, being loud, overly commanding, dependent on others, and prone to tantrums.
Powers and Abilities
Peter is able to fly by having both "happy thoughts" and pixie dust.
- Flight: Peter's most unique trait is his ability to fly without any physical methods, he uses this to gain the advantage on those who cannot.
- Semi-Immortality: Peter cannot die of old age, but it is never stated whether or not he can survive death.
- Eternal Youth: Peter cannot age due to living in Neverland which his claims suggest that it prevents people from aging and he claims nobody can grow up .
- Dagger-Fighting/Dagger-Fighting Skill : Peter is very skilled with his trusty dagger, able to wield it with such skill he can fight a master swordsman, like his nemesis Captain Hook, and hold his own. However, Peter often fights while flying, which gives him an edge; when he fights Hook without flying, he is almost killed. Peter Pan's dagger first appeared in series in the episode "Pirate Fools Day!" where it was reveled that it is called the Shadow Dagger and has magical properties as it was the only thing able to damage Shade the Shadow Pirate's Shadow Bag.
- Voice Mimicry/Impersonations: Peter has an uncanny talent for impersonating others' voices, as he does when he imitates Hook and tries to trick Mr. Smee into taking Tiger Lily back to her people. In Kingdom Hearts, he imitates Smee to lure out Hook, and in both cases, Smee and Hook are fooled, and tries to trick Mr. Smee, Sharky and Bones into walking backwards. Later he imitates Smee to lure out Hook, and in both cases, Hook and his crew are fooled.
- He is voiced by Christopher Steele in Kingdom Hearts.
- In You Can Fly With Tinker Bell,
- Peter Pan never sings in the first movie, but the second movie and in Jake and the NeverLand Pirates he does.